October 13, 2015

Appleton Dress Inspiration

Wrap dresses have been a classic wardrobe staple for decades with good reason! These curve enhancing dresses can be worn for a variety of occasions, whether dressed down for work, given some edge for a night out with the girls, or dressed up for a date night. Thinking about making yourself an Appleton Dress but not sure about how a wrap dress might fit into your wardrobe? Today, we have some fun inspiration and stay tuned for Thursday when we will be sharing some great fabrics for wrap dress making.

wrap dress 1

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8

Classic wrap dress silhouettes look fabulous no matter what your body type because they hug and flow in all the right places. We love the idea of adding some color blocking a la Michelle Obama or making the dress in stretch lace for a special occasion. In fact, we even have a kit with stretch polka dot lace for the sleeves if you’re feeling inspired!

wrap dresses 2

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8

Don’t be afraid to play with stripes and prints. The classic shape of this dress lends itself well to fun fabrics that might be overwhelming in other garments. Plus, the Appleton Dress has no waist seam, which makes print matching a breeze. Have a fun knit that you love but aren’t sure if it’s really you? Try it in a wrap dress! You might be surprised how much you love it. We are partial to fun prints and have a few kits with a whimsical black and white bird print left! Looking to really up the drama? Try making your Appleton into a maxi. These would be perfect for attending a winter wedding!

We hope you are feeling inspired! We know it isn’t always easy to find awesome jersey, so stay tuned for the post on Thursday where we have some great suggestions for fun and elegant jerseys that are available online now. Can’t wait? Check out our kits to see if something catches your eye!

AppletonKits

, , ,

10 Responses to Appleton Dress Inspiration

1. waldherrro October 13, 2015 at 9:41 am #

Love these! I think a wrap dress is the most flattering dress there is for every woman!

xoRosie
    Rosie’s Life

2. Shayna October 13, 2015 at 2:53 pm #

FLOTUS in that colorblocked dress? Brb dying.

• Jenny Rushmore October 13, 2015 at 3:34 pm #

Right? So good.

• Shayna October 13, 2015 at 6:10 pm #

That woman is fierce in every sense of the word. I want to be her when I grow up.

3. Paula October 13, 2015 at 8:05 pm #

This will be my first ever sew a long. I got fabulous fabric today. My pattern should ship the 19th. Nervous about sewing this great jersey without a serger…. can’t wait to get started.

4. ellegeemakes October 13, 2015 at 8:05 pm #

I love a good wrap dress! You found some great ones….

5. Rebecca Pattydoo October 14, 2015 at 5:53 am #

Love the full length styles! You make me crave wrap dresses!

6. keziamara October 14, 2015 at 11:22 am #

Love this wrap dress and am so tempted to try it. I hesitate because it seems to look better on the girls who have more boob than belly. I worry that the empire style will make this old body look more pregnant than curvy.

7. Alessa (@alessant) October 23, 2015 at 8:29 am #

Those are some great wrap dresses! I’m cutting my first Appleton dress out just now. 🙂

1. Cashmerette’s Appleton Dress | The Joys of Having a Mom Who Sews |Contest | designedbykrystleblog - October 15, 2015

[…] in so many different patterns and styles! (Jenny even has a little mood board for inspiration over on her page.) Of my two prints in this dress, I love the versatility. The dress easily goes from brunch on the […]