Upton Dress Sleeve Expansion
Add sleeves to your Upton Dress, the most versatile pattern in your stash! This gorgeous fit-and-flare dress is tailored to your curves with flattering necklines, a fully lined bodice, and hidden pockets. Even better, the design is in your hands, as you choose from a scooped or V-neck, high or low back, and a gored skirt or deep, dramatic box-pleats. With this expansion, you can add three sleeve options: a dramatic flutter sleeve, a faced tie sleeve, or a simple cap sleeve. Let your creativity shine, while the Upton takes you from brunch to cocktails in style!
This pattern download contains the Upton Sleeves ONLY. You can buy the Upton Dress pattern (Printed or PDF) separately here. Please note the Upton Sleeves are only available in a PDF format.
SEWING LEVEL: Advanced Beginner
SIZING: 12 to 28, in three cup sizes (C/D, E/F, G/H).
RECOMMENDED FABRIC for the UPTON DRESS WITH SLEEVES:
- Main Fabric: Woven fabric such as cotton, linen, double gauze or upholstery fabric. Heavier fabrics will give a more structured look.
- Lining Fabric: Lightweight woven such as cotton lawn, rayon bemberg or silk crepe de chine.
- Flutter Sleeve: Lightweight wovens with a lot of drape, such as rayon or silk.
- Tie Sleeve: Light- to mid-weight wovens such as cotton or linen.
- Cap Sleeve: Woven fabric such as cotton, linen, or double gauze.
NOTIONS: Universal needle, thread, 22" invisible zipper, fusible interfacing (optional, if you're using a lightweight fabric).
The Dress Pattern PDF comes in three files (one for each bust size), so you only need to print your size. For the Sleeve Expansion PDF, see below for which pages to print for each cup size. You'll receive files to print at home or at a copy shop. Files are delivered as a .zip file which can be downloaded on a computer, but not on a mobile device. For more on PDFs, see the FAQs.
- Expansion Pack: 12 pages (3.7 MB)
- Dress Pattern: 15 pages (4.8 MB)
Pattern pieces (for each cup size):
- Expansion Pack:
- Flutter Sleeve: 16 pages (0.3 MB); C/D and E/F cup, print p. 1 - 8; G/H cup, print p. 9 - 16
- Tie Sleeve: 12 pages (0.25 MB); C/D and E/F cup, print p. 1 - 8; G/H cup, print p. 5 - 12
- Cap Sleeve: 3 pages (0.1 MB), all cup sizes print all pages
- Dress Pattern: 70 pages (0.9 MB each)
Copy shop, Dress Pattern only (A0 or US 36" x 48" size): 4 pages for A0, 4 pages for US (0.8 MB each)
We asked and Cashmerette listened! A lovely selection of sleeves that take little additional fabric and even if you're deathly allergic to PDF pattern printing, this requires so little sticking!
Is it also true that these sleeves could work on the springfield top? Not sure, but I'll be giving it a go in the future!
I have made 3 sleeveless Upton's and wanted a sleeve for a dressier version for Holiday party. I used the knotted sleeve and it was perfect.
I used the tie sleeve expansion pattern first and it went on so simply that I was amazed. It makes the Upton Dress even that much better! I can hardly wait to make the perfect fitting Upton Dress once again and try the other sleeve versions.