Upton Dress Sleeve Expansion
Add sleeves to your Upton Dress, the most versatile pattern in your stash! This gorgeous fit-and-flare dress is tailored to your curves with flattering necklines, a fully lined bodice, and hidden pockets. Even better, the design is in your hands, as you choose from a scooped or V-neck, high or low back, and a gored skirt or deep, dramatic box-pleats. With this expansion, you can add three sleeve options: a dramatic flutter sleeve, a faced tie sleeve, or a simple cap sleeve. Let your creativity shine, while the Upton takes you from brunch to cocktails in style!
This pattern download contains the Upton Sleeves ONLY. You can buy the Upton Dress pattern (printed or PDF) separately here. Please note the Upton Sleeves are only available in a PDF format.
SEWING LEVEL: Advanced Beginner
SIZING: 12 to 28, in three cup sizes (C/D, E/F, G/H).
RECOMMENDED FABRIC for the UPTON DRESS WITH SLEEVES:
- Main Fabric: Woven fabric such as cotton, linen, double gauze or upholstery fabric. Heavier fabrics will give a more structured look.
- Lining Fabric: Lightweight woven such as cotton lawn, rayon bemberg or silk crepe de chine.
- Flutter Sleeve: Lightweight wovens with a lot of drape, such as rayon or silk.
- Tie Sleeve: Light- to mid-weight wovens such as cotton or linen.
- Cap Sleeve: Woven fabric such as cotton, linen, or double gauze.
NOTIONS: Universal needle, thread, 22" invisible zipper, fusible interfacing (optional, if you're using a lightweight fabric).
See below for which pages to print for each cup size. You'll receive files to print at home (copy shop files are not available for the Expansion Pack). Files are delivered as a .zip file which can be downloaded on a computer, but not on a mobile device. For more on PDFs, see the FAQs.
- Expansion Pack: 12 pages (3.7 MB)
Pattern pieces (for each cup size):
- Expansion Pack:
- Flutter Sleeve: 16 pages (0.3 MB); C/D and E/F cup, print p. 1 - 8; G/H cup, print p. 9 - 16
- Tie Sleeve: 12 pages (0.25 MB); C/D and E/F cup, print p. 1 - 8; G/H cup, print p. 5 - 12
- Cap Sleeve: 3 pages (0.1 MB), all cup sizes print all pages
I have made a few Upton dresses now and the sleeveless version was perfect for the cooler months as I wore a cardigan and did not have a sleeve to bunch up inside. However I wanted to wear more dresses and as the weather got warmer I felt the Upton deserved a sleeve. Ordered the PDF and it was incredibly easy to add that little cap sleeve. Now I can wear Uptons ALL THE TIME. All seasons all weathers, it’s all good!
Nice variations for sleeves. Easy to use.
This is a very easy sleeve as fits most arm sizes. Would like a full sleeve also that does not have ties that will fit under a jacket.
Love this pack. I've already added cap sleeves to an upton and successfully used the flutter sleeves to Springfield top.
Super easy to use and print at home.
This would be the easiest dress ive ever made,the sewalong was awesome too,I learnt alot of new techniques making this dress and out the almost 20 various dresses from other patterns and companies ive made this is the one I wear the most and I get compliments on it all the time,people actually think I brought it and I tell them I actually made this dress and they are gobsmacked and ask if I can make them one too. That said I would like to thank cashmerette for such a great pattern and support.5 stars all the way .😊