Upton Dress Sleeve Expansion
Add sleeves to your Upton Dress, the most versatile pattern in your stash! This gorgeous fit-and-flare dress is tailored to your curves with flattering necklines, a fully lined bodice, and hidden pockets. Even better, the design is in your hands, as you choose from a scooped or V-neck, high or low back, and a gored skirt or deep, dramatic box-pleats. With this expansion, you can add three sleeve options: a dramatic flutter sleeve, a faced tie sleeve, or a simple cap sleeve. Let your creativity shine, while the Upton takes you from brunch to cocktails in style!
IMPORTANT NOTE: This pattern comes into three formats. Please choose from the dropdown menu above.
- UPTON DRESS PDF PATTERN + SLEEVE EXPANSION: This contains both the Upton Dress (#1101) PDF pattern and the Sleeve Expansion Pack PDF. Purchase this version if you do not already own the Upton Dress pattern and want all PDF's.
- EXPANSION PACK: This is an add-on pack to the Upton Dress (#1101), containing the additional pattern pieces required to add sleeves. Purchase this version if you already own the Upton Dress pattern.
- UPTON DRESS PRINTED PATTERN + SLEEVE EXPANSION: This contains both the Upton Dress (#1101) printed pattern and the Sleeve Expansion Pack PDF. Purchase this version if you do not already own the Upton Dress pattern and want a printed version of the Upton Dress pattern.
With all options, you'll receive a downloadable PDF copy of the Sleeve Expansion, containing all sizes.
SEWING LEVEL: Advanced Beginner
SIZING: 12 to 28, in three cup sizes (C/D, E/F, G/H).
- Main Fabric: Woven fabric such as cotton, linen, double gauze or upholstery fabric. Heavier fabrics will give a more structured look.
- Lining Fabric: Lightweight woven such as cotton lawn, rayon bemberg or silk crepe de chine.
- Flutter Sleeve: Lightweight wovens with a lot of drape, such as rayon or silk.
- Tie Sleeve: Light- to mid-weight wovens such as cotton or linen.
- Cap Sleeve: Woven fabric such as cotton, linen, or double gauze.
NOTIONS: Universal needle, thread, 22" invisible zipper, fusible interfacing (optional, if you're using a lightweight fabric).
The Dress Pattern PDF comes in three files (one for each bust size), so you only need to print your size. For the Sleeve Expansion PDF, see below for which pages to print for each cup size. You'll receive files to print at home or at a copy shop. Files are delivered as a .zip file which can be downloaded on a computer, but not on a mobile device. For more on PDFs, see the FAQs.
- Expansion Pack: 12 pages (3.7 MB)
- Dress Pattern: 15 pages (4.8 MB)
Pattern pieces (for each cup size):
- Expansion Pack:
- Flutter Sleeve: 16 pages (0.3 MB); C/D and E/F cup, print p. 1 - 8; G/H cup, print p. 9 - 16
- Tie Sleeve: 12 pages (0.25 MB); C/D and E/F cup, print p. 1 - 8; G/H cup, print p. 5 - 12
- Cap Sleeve: 3 pages (0.1 MB), all cup sizes print all pages
- Dress Pattern: 70 pages (0.9 MB each)
Copy shop, Dress Pattern only (A0 or US 36" x 48" size): 4 pages for A0, 4 pages for US (0.8 MB each)
I made this dress for my my Xmas party and purchased the sleeve pack to go with it. I opted for the tie sleeves as as my fabric was a bit stiff for the flutter sleeves.
I made a size 16 a C cup which meant I didn't have to make a full bust adjustment like with most other patterns I use.
The pattern is drafted very well with excellent instructions. I'll definitely be buying more patterns from Cashmerette!
Loved the fact it was a woven fabric & had two different skirts to choose from....I think I should have done a FBA but taking the toile to the Sydney workshop so problems will be solved......we have little choice for knits in Tasmania so use woven fabrics 90% of the time .
Love, love, loooove this dress. Great variations, easy to follow instructions, and a really great fit. I made a couple of small adjustments for my own shape (which I do with all new patterns) but much less than I usually do. I have already made 2, and I plan to make many more.
I bought this pattern to make up for Christmas as soon as the sleeve pack was released (I don't wear sleeveless).This was my first fitted bodice (and my first lining) and it came together really well. Because my muslin was such a good fit straight out of the packet I had the confidence to make a few minor changes (lengthened the bodice, dropped the bust dart, narrowed shoulders) to make it fit even better. I love my dress and consider this a tried and true!
This was my daughters first dress pattern. She did a great job because the instructions were written so well. The instructions for fitting made it fit her perfectly! Thank you!