August 19, 2014

24 Responses to Workroom Social Pants Party! Featuring: J-shaped crotches

1. Gillian August 19, 2014 at 10:39 pm #

Did you manage to snag a copy of Style Arc Bart Pants when they were giving them away free for signing up for a newsletter a while back? If not, I’ve got copies from size 12-22 (I may had made my sister and mom sign up too so that I could have sizes for all of us! 😉

• Jenny August 20, 2014 at 8:22 am #

I did! And I heard from Shams that they’re drafted for less pear-shaped bodies, so looking forward to trying them!

• Gillian August 20, 2014 at 10:15 am #

That’s interesting! I”ve sewn a million Style Arc Elle pants, and I’m definitely a pear… now I’m curious to try Barbs and see how they compare!

2. joelle st-laurent August 20, 2014 at 12:11 am #

it sounds like the best week-end!! out of curiosity, and because i am a definite pear myself, what pattern did you use?

3. Katie August 20, 2014 at 3:12 am #

Looks so fun, and your pants look great. I’m all for people giving pants sewing a go, so any more encouragement and process-demystifying is brilliant. A London event like this would be awesome.

• Jenny August 20, 2014 at 8:23 am #

Yeah! I love all your pants, I aspire to that hopefully soon!

4. Katy Patzel August 20, 2014 at 7:21 am #

What fun!! I can’t wait to pet your haul. I think I’ll be sneaking scraps of that lazer cut poly out of the trash for myself. 🙂

• Jenny August 20, 2014 at 8:24 am #

You may be in luck, m’lady…

5. LLADYBIRD August 20, 2014 at 7:36 am #

My favorite j crotch of all! ♥ You’re so freaking awesome and I’m SO GLAD I got to meet you! Ahhh!

• Jenny August 20, 2014 at 8:24 am #

Huzzah! See you again soon I hope.

6. gingermakes.com August 20, 2014 at 8:34 am #

GAHHHHHHH I’m so mad I couldn’t meet you!!! DAMN YOU, G TRAIN!!!!! I will make my way up to Boston soon to get my Crafty Fox on with you party dudes! OK, so these are a great start for trousers! I’ve got a flat butt so I will avoid this pattern, but I’ve heard good things about Simplicity 1696… maybe I’ll give that a whirl if I can get over my fear of crotch curve fitting!

PS- I bet you’re about to get some super weird search terms LOL!

• Jenny August 20, 2014 at 1:05 pm #

MAJOR BUMMER! But I hope that we will finally be united, soon….

7. puu August 20, 2014 at 9:05 am #

great roundup of the weekend! i think you make a great point about jenny’s classes, but i love that there was the time and opportunity to give a more advanced class member some additional value. that really makes the weekend more special and productive! yay!

• Jenny August 20, 2014 at 1:05 pm #

Totally! It was a blast

8. tanyamaile August 20, 2014 at 10:35 am #

It sure sounds like you had a blast! I don’t think making women’s pants is for the faint of heart, regardless of ability. I can’t wait to see you find your perfect fit! That emerald cashmere sounds so beautiful. I still have a purple wool Marc Jacobs coating in my stash waiting to be made into a coat after 2 years…. I guess it would actually have to get cold here for me to want to make that!

• Jenny August 20, 2014 at 1:06 pm #

Well I have now ordered the StyleArc Barb and Elles, and Simplicity 1696, so hopefully one of those will fit… If not, I might just give in 🙂

9. Lauren of Rosie Wednesday August 20, 2014 at 12:10 pm #

What a fantastic trip! And oooh, that fabric haul is good. I really like those pants. Seems like they’d be nice for the office, when you want something a little more trouser-like. I’m excited to see your next pair!

• Jenny August 20, 2014 at 1:06 pm #

Not entirely sure this pair will get worn, but more are planned ASAP!

10. Jennifer, Workroom Social August 20, 2014 at 12:27 pm #

So fun meeting you! I loved talking all things sewing and more. Can’t wait to hang again soon! I know we will!!

• Jenny August 20, 2014 at 1:06 pm #

You too, yay!

11. KimP August 20, 2014 at 12:40 pm #

Totally jealous that you were there and I was not. I’m on a pants fitting odessy myself these days, so I am fascinated by your crotch curve. In a good way, of course!

• Jenny August 20, 2014 at 1:07 pm #

Your pants were SO GOOD at Gertie’s, I’d be thrilled if I made some even nearly as good!

12. Nettie August 22, 2014 at 12:09 pm #

Meeting you was even more awesome than I thought it would be!!!! You are delightful! Can’t wait until your next visit!

BTW, It wasn’t until I hugged you goodbye after dinner that I realized I had just dined with THREE Jennifers! Who knew so many awesome women would have the same name :p