Last Modified: September 21, 2023
Cashmerette LLC respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting it.
We limit the collection and use of your information to the minimum we require to receive and process your orders.
This policy describes the kinds of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies when we are in control of how data is collected, stored, and processed. (When we are the data controller.) Including information we collect:
- on our Website, cashmerette.com
- in e-mail or other electronic messages between you and our Website
- via our email marketing service provider, Klaviyo
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means
- any third party, including through any application or content that may be linked to or be accessible from our Website
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
Our Website incorporates privacy controls affecting how we process your personal data. You can opt-out of our email newsletter, request your personal information, request to update and change your personal information or request to delete your personal information.
If you wish to opt out of our email newsletter, you can by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
You may make any of these requests by emailing email@example.com.
What information we collect and how we use it
We collect several types of information about you, including information that:
- identifies you personally, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or opens or clicks within email newsletters
- is about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and how you use our Website
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about you including:
- how you interact with our Website, including what pages you visited and if you open or click on our email newsletters
- your geolocation to screen for payment fraud
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, location, operating system, and browser type
We collect this information via Shopify and Google Analytics using cookies and web beacons. And this information helps us to improve our Website and to deliver better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to make our websites easier to navigate, show you products you may be interested in based on your previous behavior, and provide an easy way to return to your shopping cart.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- web beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited pages, opened an email, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and beacons and to delete them. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. If you block them, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
When you create an account on our Website, you voluntarily provide us with your name, email, shipping address, and phone number. We collect this information via Shopify and Teachable.
The Account Information we collect is used to make it easy and fast for you to make purchases without having to enter your information every time, to track your own purchase history, and continue to access digital products purchased. (GDPR Basis: Consent)
When you comment on content on our Website, you may voluntarily provide us with your name and email address. We will process this information in order to post the comment as you’ve requested. (GDPR Basis: Consent)
When you fill out a contact form, you may voluntarily provide us with your name, email address, and a message. We will process this information according to the instructions you provide. (GDPR Basis: Consent)
When you make a purchase through our website, you voluntarily provide us with your name, email address, and credit card information.
We collect this information via Teachable, Shopify Payments, and PayPal. This information is used to supply you with the product purchased and keep accurate records of your transaction. (GDPR Basis: Contract)
Email Newsletter or Opt-in Information
When you sign up for our email newsletter, you voluntarily provide us with your name and email address. We will process this information per your request to provide you with the relevant information and newsletters. (GDPR Basis: Consent)
We may process any personal information we have on you when required by court order, legal obligation, court proceeding. (GDPR Basis: Legitimate Basis)
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our website visitors (information that is not identifiable to you) without restriction.
We do not sell, rent, or share our email list containing your personal information to third parties.
However, we may disclose information that can be directly tied to you to:
- contractors, service providers, and other third parties that we reasonably use to support our business
- fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- fulfill any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- process your payment, including refunds, complaints, queries with Teachable, Shopify, and PayPal only to the degree necessary
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- to enforce or apply any agreements between us, including for billing and collection purposes.
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. For example, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Us. If you do not wish to have your email address used by us to promote our own products or services, you can opt out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase or transaction.
- Targeted Advertising. We do not control third parties collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Retaining and Deleting Your Information
We will keep your data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose you gave it to us.
Data Security and International Transfers
Our offices are based in the United States, along with our hosting facilities. Our service providers are based in the United States and Canada.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure both during transfer and storage.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to our Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information to our Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Your European Union Privacy Rights
The EU General Data Protection Regulation permits users of our Website that are European Union residents certain rights. Your rights include:
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
To access a copy of your data, correct it, restrict how it is used, or erase it please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee.
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work, or the place of the alleged infringement.
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to process your data, you can opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com.
We may update this policy from time to time by updating the version on this page. You should check this page occasionally to identify any updates. The last update date appears at the top of this page.
This website is owned and operated by Cashmerette, LLC
Our mailing address is 4242 1st Ave., Lyons IL 60534