October 8, 2015

Introducing: Cashmerette Patterns!

I am beyond excited to finally announce what I’ve been working on for the past year: Cashmerette Patterns, the first modern sewing patterns specifically designed for women with curves!

Cashmerette Patterns Appleton Dress
As I’ve learned over the past 5 years, women of all shapes and sizes can feel fabulous when they wear gorgeous and well-fitting clothes, but until now there’s been a really limited selection of sewing patterns available if you’re curvy. That’s crazy, given that 70% of American women are a size 12 or bigger, and the average cup size is a DD. Your dress size doesn’t limit your creativity, so why should it limit your wardrobe?

That’s why I decided to try to help move the industry forward, by releasing contemporary patterns, in sizes 12 – 28, and cup sizes from C to H, with a modern fit. You know what that means for 99% of us? No more Full Bust Adjustments! Huzzah! Honestly, the first time I made up a sample I was over the moon at not having to adjust anything at all: it’s a rare experience for the curvy.

Here’s the low-down:

• All Cashmerette Patterns are professionally drafted and graded based on 3 separate blocks, in C/D cup, E/F cup and G/H cup sizes, so you will get a fantastic fit. Smaller than a C/D cup? No worries! We’ll have a Small Bust Adjustment tutorial on every pattern.
  • They are available in instant-gratification PDF and beautifully printed paper formats. The PDFs have files for printing at home, at a US copy shop, or in A0 size at a copy shop elsewhere.
  • Each pattern is thoughtfully designed with details to make the pattern comfortable, well-fitting and stylish, and has been tested on a wide range of curvy body types.

And with that, I present to you the very first Cashmerette Pattern: the Appleton Wrap Dress – which you can buy today here.

Cashmerette Patterns Appleton Dress

As you know, I’m the #1 fan of wrap dresses – they do awesome things to curves! – so I combined all my favourite characteristics from store bought DVF dresses and hand-made versions, together with new features. The Appleton Dress has an innovative neckband which hugs the body for zero gaping (yes, even on my H bust!), a built-in waist tie, a longer under-layer for less flashing potential, and three sleeve lengths.

1201 tech drawing for store-01

The Appleton Dress can easily be made on a sewing machine or a serger, and there will be a fully detailed sewalong starting next week, including tips on how to find knit fabrics and tips and tricks for sewing with them.

Cashmerette Patterns Appleton Dress

Because it’s often difficult to source high quality and beautiful jersey, we’ve also gone one step further, and put together two limited-edition fabric kits to go with the Appleton Dress. Get them before they sell out!

First up, we have the ultimate day-to-night little black wrap dress with unique polka dot stretch mesh sleeves. The kit comes with black rayon jersey, polka dot stretch mesh and ribbing for the cuffs, and an included tutorial on how to add the cuffs to the pattern. I love this dress because it looks very elegant, but no-one knows you’re in secret pyjamas! I can’t imagine a better dress for a party or Thanksgiving dinner…  You can buy the kit here now while stocks last.

Cashmerette Patterns Appleton Dress
Second, we have a fun but grown up black and white bird print rayon jersey, which comes with enough fabric to make a short or long sleeved dress. It’s a great dress to wear to work, or when you feel like being a bit fancy at the weekends without having to put together an entire outfit! You can purchase the limited edition kit here.

Cashmerette Patterns Appleton Dress

Cashmerette Patterns are also available to purchase wholesale – if you’re a brick and mortar store or an online store with your own domain, register for a wholesale account here, and we’ll be in touch.

Finally, a huge, huge thank you to everyone who’s supported and helped me over the past year – I quite literally couldn’t have done it without you. There are far too many people to name them all, but I have to mention the fantastic work and support of Alyson, Jen, Heather, my gorgeous modeling friends Andrea and Melissa, T, all my wonderful testers, my Curvy Sewing Collective crew, the Boston Crafty Foxes gang including Ashley, Carrie, Shop Sarah, MacKenzie, Jessica, Tall Sarah, Doga, Toni and Katy, and my ever-supportive and entrepreneurial family who’ve cheered me on since the beginning.

I really hope you love the patterns, and do let me know what other types of patterns you’d like to see in the future! And of course, share your Appleton Dresses – you can find me @cashmerette on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and I have a new Flickr group too – tag your makes with #AppletonDress.

Want to be the first to hear about future Cashmerette Pattern releases, have the chance to be a pattern tester, get cool tutorials and keep up to date with all the latest curvy fashion inspiration? Sign up for the Cashmerette mailing list here:

PinterestAppletonDress-01
Cashmerette Appleton Wrap Dress

188 Responses to Introducing: Cashmerette Patterns!

1. Doga October 8, 2015 at 9:18 am #

Jenny everything looks great! <3

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 9:32 am #

Thanks, Doga! And thank you for all your help yesterday!!

2. Rachel October 8, 2015 at 9:23 am #

I AM SO EXCITED!!!! Congratulations on your new venture. You got me making Ginger jeans and now the ultimate achievement…….I’m actually considering a wrap dress! In Jersey! What???
    Well done and please excuse all the !!!s and ???s

3. MacKenzie October 8, 2015 at 9:26 am #

Go Jenny go!

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 9:32 am #

Thanks MacKenzie! Powered by Crafty Foxes 🙂

• noemail November 30, 2015 at 5:13 pm #

It would have been great if you had an all inclusive size range as there are women out there including me whose bust is 16+ inches bigger than my waist (24 inches). Since you yourself know the difficulty of finding patterns to accommodate a large bust.

4. megret1979 October 8, 2015 at 9:31 am #

Hooray!!

5. Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 9:32 am #

Woohoo! And I love yours 😀

6. Mary Ellen Eckels October 8, 2015 at 9:32 am #

Yeeeeaaaah!!!!!!! Thank you, Jenny, for patterns we can use pretty much right away. No full-bust adjustments??? Yes!! All beautiful. Can’t wait to see more! Quick question. Are the cup sizes UK or US? For instance, I’m a GG in UK and J in US sizes. Thanks again!!!

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 9:48 am #

Thanks, Mary Ellen! As cup sizes are so incredibly variable between countries, and even between bra companies, I recommend using your full bust measurement and then comparing to the sizing chart. For what it’s worth, I’m a HH in the UK, and I fit well into the G/H cup size (I’m wearing a 20 G/H in the photos). You can check out the sizing charts here – http://shop.cashmerette.com/pages/sizing

7. RavenNemain October 8, 2015 at 9:32 am #

Congratulations! I can’t wait to see more wonderful patterns.

8. Rachel October 8, 2015 at 9:35 am #

I’M SO EXCITED!!! Congratulations on your new venture. You got me making Ginger Jeans and now you have achieved the ultimate…..I’m considering making a wrap dress! From stretchy stuff! What??
    I’ve bought the pattern so I’m committed.
    Please excuse all the !!!s and ??s
    Well done!

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 9:50 am #

Aw, thanks Rachel! Once you convert to wrap dresses you never go back!! I’d definitely recommend using a jersey that isn’t too slippery if it’s your first time, but the instructions have step by step instructions for how to sew them using a sewing machine, and I recommend using Wonder Tape to help temporarily stick your pieces together before sewing, if it’s your first time with knits.

• Rachel October 8, 2015 at 10:16 am #

Thanks for the tips….can’t wait!

9. Ann Nelson October 8, 2015 at 9:38 am #

Squeee, congratulations! Thank you for doing this. Please, may we have a basic tee pattern with variations? Because I’m sick to death of trying to make everyone else’s pattern work over my DDs with an FBA. I realize that tees are boring and overdone, but they’re what I wear most days.

BTW, the bustline on that wrap dress; no armscye bunching, no gaping, appropriate levels of coverage, beautifully done!

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 9:50 am #

Hi Ann – great idea, I”ll add it to the list! And you’re right – getting a good fit through the bust is so hard! In fact, it took me 6 months of development just to get the blocks to have no bunching or gaping anywhere at the bust or armhole. Phew! But I hope you think it’s worth it 🙂

• Kimber Crow October 11, 2015 at 9:25 pm #

Oh I second a T-shirt with different size bust options like your awesome wrap dress!! I am a FF/G and trying to make things fit with an FBA is horrible.

10. knitmo October 8, 2015 at 9:41 am #

I am SO excited about this. I’ve never made a wrap dress because plotting the FBA was too much for my little brain to cope with. But yours, yours looks amazing on a curvy woman.

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 9:50 am #

Thank you! I hope you like it 🙂

• knitmo October 8, 2015 at 12:06 pm #

It’s downloaded, printed and I’m going fabric shopping at lunch, t-minus 55 minutes. There will be a dress in the very near future.

11. V Reed October 8, 2015 at 9:43 am #

EEEeeeeeee! How exciting!!! Oh gosh, I adore this pattern. I’m off to snatch up a copy. I’ve been hording some absolutely fabulous navy and white polkadot ITY for a wrap dress, but never could find what I wanted. Presto! You gave me the perfect dress for my fabric!

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 9:51 am #

A navy and white polkadot wrap dress sounds like HEAVEN!

12. sewlittletimeblog October 8, 2015 at 9:44 am #

congratulations jenny! look forward to seeing lots of versions popping up and seeing what other patterns you have up your sleeve.

13. Alexandra Patterson (@alexandrap529) October 8, 2015 at 9:46 am #

How wonderful! I just purchased the polka dot sleeve kit. Bad for my bank account but great for the upcoming holiday season parties! I can’t wait for the sewalong.

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 9:51 am #

Awesome! Yes that version is the perfect thing for parties – looks cute but you can eat as much as you like ;D Enjoy!

14. katemcivor October 8, 2015 at 9:47 am #

Small bust adjustment tutorial! Hahahahah! Love it! I can’t wait to make this. I’m opening a brick and mortar store, so I’ll fill out a wholesale app.

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 9:52 am #

Ha ha ha it’s like finally, the tables are turned 🙂 Congrats on opening a store, and I’ll process your wholesale account as soon as I get your details!

15. Stephani October 8, 2015 at 9:51 am #

Excellent! It’s a super-cute pattern, and now it’s mine, and I can’t wait to try it out. I’m sure I’ll have to make some length adjustments, as I’m petite-proportioned, too, but still! No FBA!!! That knocks out about half of my adjustments, and the fact that it is drafted for a curvy figure means I probably won’t have to make my other typical adjustments either (high full hips, big bottom, belly, etc.)
    I’m excited to see more from Cashmerette Patterns!

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 9:53 am #

Awesome! I do have the waistline marked on the pattern, and a lengthen/shorten line on the skirt, so it should be pretty easy to take out the length you need. My patterns also have a sort of built-in swayback so I hope that works for you too.

• Stephani October 8, 2015 at 9:54 am #

BUILT IN SWAY BACK????? You’re a goddess and a genius. Excuse me while I kiss your feet, lady!

• Stephani October 8, 2015 at 9:59 am #

A BUILT IN SWAY BACK??? You’re a goddess and a genius. Please excuse me while I kiss your feet, lady!

16. McBotts Manor October 8, 2015 at 10:06 am #

Bravo! It was discovering the CSC (and Colette patterns) that brought me back to sewing, and to a fully hand made wardrobe. But more importantly, you were my inspiration for finally accepting my curves and loving myself. Your podcast on Seamwork Radio was amazing. (I thought about moving to Malawi for a hot second, but then my husband game me one of those WTF looks), and I cannot wait to buy each and everything you put out. I relocated back to Chicago from Watertown, MA 7.5 years ago, and I’m so sorry we never crossed paths! I just think you are the cat’s (secret) pyjamas!

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:50 am #

That’s so great that you returned to sewing! Huzzah! I hope you enjoy the pattern 🙂

17. crcuchick October 8, 2015 at 10:07 am #

LOL, you’ve got me considering making a wrap dress too. I’ve avoided them because RTW ones have been so problematic.

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:51 am #

You should definitely give it a go! I usually have to wear a camisole with RTW wrap dresses, but I don’t with this one

18. monserrattlopez October 8, 2015 at 10:09 am #

My goodness Jenny!!! What a fabulous surprise!!!
    I love the pattern!!! Those kits are soooooo tempting!!!!!
    I need that black birds fabric!!!!

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:51 am #

Thank you Monserratt! I can’t wait to see what it looks like on you!

19. crcuchick October 8, 2015 at 10:10 am #

I do have a question, though. I’m a DD…if I chose the E/F sizing I will be a 16/18/20 as far as bust/waist/hip. Should I do that or do the C/D pattern, which would make me an 18 with a little added to waist and hip?

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:52 am #

Hi – you should use the measurement of your full bust to make the decision. Cup sizes in bras are so variable, that it’s more accurate to use your measurement. As wrap dresses are naturally low-cut if you’re erring between sizes, I’d go up.

20. Manuela October 8, 2015 at 10:14 am #

I tried to purchase your printed pattern. It looked like you ship internationally, but apparently you don’t. After choosing my destination (Hong Kong) I tried to proceed to payment, only to be hit by this message:
    Uh oh!
    There was a problem with the selected shipping method. Please try again.
    I tried again, and again, and again…. Getting the same message allover again – there is only one shipping method. I don’t want a PDF pattern, I rather pay more for a printed one. Too bad it only looks like you ship overseas.

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:31 am #

Hi Manuela, I do ship overseas, so that must be a bug – I’m going to go and check it now to see if I can sort it out for you! Sorry about that! I will send you an email when it’s fixed! Other international orders have been going through fine, so it may be something to do with Hong Kong specifically.

• Manuela October 8, 2015 at 10:59 am #

I tried checking out with paypal as well, but the shipping charges were not added. Then I tried adding the shipping charges by clicking update cart – that didn’t work either, it took me back to where I started. You really have to make it easier for potential customers to buy your patterns, I’ve tried unsuccessfully for about half an hour, as I stated before, PDF patterns are not an option I’d consider.

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 11:02 am #

Hi Manuela – I have my eCommerce people looking into it right now. It appears to be an issue with your specific address but they’re going to find a way to fix it for you! Hold tight, and I’ll email you as soon as we have a solution.

• Jenny Rushmore October 10, 2015 at 10:20 am #

Update: Manuela’s pattern and kit are in the post!

21. Ann Nelson October 8, 2015 at 10:16 am #

A question about the finished garment sizing. I’m something like a 16/18 with a 44″ bust, which is fairly consistent with your size guide. The finished garment measurements on the Appleton are several inches smaller than your size guide. Is this negative ease, something I’m missing, an error? Thanks.

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:32 am #

Hi Ann – yes, that’s negative ease! It’s best to choose your size by the body measurement chart. That said, if you think you want more coverage at the bust than what you see in the photo (FYI, I’m wearing a 20 G/H and I have an H cup chest), then I’d size up a cup size on the front.

22. katie October 8, 2015 at 10:16 am #

This is amazing! I can’t wait for your next patterns! I can’t decide kit or just pattern – either way I’m making it soon! Thank you

23. Nicole Morgan October 8, 2015 at 10:26 am #

Jenny, I am so proud of you! I’ve never really considered a wrap dress, but I think this will be the perfect pattern for my quarterly board meetings! Adding this to my birthday/Christmas wishlist!

BTW, that striped version! My eyes are popping out of my head with delight!

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:53 am #

Thank you Nicole! I love the striped one too 🙂

24. auraoriano October 8, 2015 at 10:29 am #

That purple floral fabric is right up my alley! Did I miss where you sourced it so I can either get that or something similar. I know that you have your fabric kit but purple is my thang!

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:53 am #

I so wish that I could have the purple one in a kit, but alas my friend Ashley found the last 3 yards for me at a local store in Boston! It’s Ralph Lauren 🙂 Only downside is it’s poly so I can’t wear it when it’s really hot outside.

25. Logan October 8, 2015 at 10:40 am #

Congratulations! I’m so thrilled. So much more sewing time if I don’t have to FBA and grade everything. Yay! I’d definitely put in a vote for a kit with the purple fabric too. Thanks for doing this for the curvy community.

26. hennasplace October 8, 2015 at 10:45 am #

Jenny, congratulations on your new pattern and thank you for giving us more options on choices on patterns. I was wondering if I could sew this in a midweight fabric for the colder months as well. I also imagine dong this in a seersucker or gingham for summer. Thanks.

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:55 am #

Thanks! The pattern needs to be made with knit, stretchy, fabric, so I’m afraid that wovens like seersucker or gingham wouldn’t work. However, you could definitely use a beefier/heavier knit – just perhaps make a size up to account for it having less stretch.

27. Tanya Maile October 8, 2015 at 10:52 am #

Woohoo!!! I can’t wait to see these patterns at my fave fabric stores and go: “Hey! I know her!” I’m going on a britex shopping spree on Monday, and am hoping to find an awesome knit to make a new wrap dress as my knit fabric supply is depleted.

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:56 am #

Ha ha thanks! And can’t wait to see your first “real” one!

28. Amanda October 8, 2015 at 10:57 am #

I just want to say well done! It’s hard to believe something like this wasn’t done earlier considering there’s such a market for it, but I guess the world was just waiting for you to work your magic. 🙂 I was always disappointed with Project Runway’s attempts at plus-size fashions on the show, at least the earlier seasons (haven’t seen the later ones). Wrap dresses are the best.

29. byseverine October 8, 2015 at 11:04 am #

It’s just fantactic paternn congratulation Jenny il love it so much thank you

• Jenny Rushmore October 9, 2015 at 10:16 am #

Thanks so much Severine, I loved your two dresses!

30. Stirling Allred October 8, 2015 at 11:07 am #

This is amazing! Congratulations on this new venture, I bet it’ll be a huge hit! This dress looks fantastic, your models are lovely, and it looks exactly like normal clothes only bigger. 😉

I can’t wait to see what you come up with next.

P.S. – I’ve really loved all of your interviews on podcasts. Do you have any more planned?

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 6:46 pm #

Yes, I’m going to be talking about setting up the pattern line in a podcast in December! Watch this space 🙂

And I totally agree with you about “normal clothes only bigger”. That’s what I always say when people ask me what curvy women want!

31. Megan @ TheGreenViolet October 8, 2015 at 11:08 am #

Congrats, Jenny! It all looks great and it was a pleasure to test this pattern! I’m excited to make one up with the improvements!

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:30 pm #

Thanks Megan! I can’t wait to see your final version

32. Genevieve October 8, 2015 at 11:20 am #

Oh my goodness! Congratulations Jenny. I started reading blogs about sewing right when yo started your blog and have watched you blossom into this beautiful and successful blogger. Now a pattern designer, WOW. Just wanted to stop in and say how happy I am for you
    Genevieve xo

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:31 pm #

Hi Genevieve, thanks for following me on the journey! I definitely had zero intention of ever making this a business, so it’s surprised me as much as anyone else! Thanks for your lovely comment

33. Pam October 8, 2015 at 11:20 am #

Congratulations! Thank you for a realistically-sized pattern. Yay, no more FBAs! I can hardly wait to use your pattern. I would love to see blouse/ top pattern for a woven.

34. Amy G October 8, 2015 at 11:26 am #

Jenny I’m so delighted for you and proud too. You’ve done an amazing job here and the dress looks absolutely wonderful. I’m sure this is just the tip of the iceberg of what you’e going to bring us and I’m really blummin’ chuffed for you x

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:31 pm #

Thank you, Amy! It’s been a lot of hard work and stress, so I’m overjoyed to see the lovely response.

35. Hedda October 8, 2015 at 11:28 am #

Wow, congratulations on an exciting new launch! I’ve been looking for the perfect wrap dress pattern for a jersey that’s been lurking in my stash for some time, maybe this is the right one… Looking forwards to further developments in the Casmerette pattern design story 🙂

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:32 pm #

Sounds like that jersey needs to come out of the stash!

36. Cadi October 8, 2015 at 11:29 am #

Congratulations! This is the best thing EVER!!! Saw this pop up on my feed this morning, declared out loud ‘What?! YES!!’ and dropped everything to read all about it. I read your blog religiously and (shameless fan-girl gush warning!) have come to love your style, your recent appearance in the podcast world, and your positively spectacular outlook – it helps all curvy girls of all ages and sizes feel better in their skin. You’re such a force and this next step is just, well, awesome.

Off to buy the pattern and a kit!!

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:32 pm #

Ha, your comment made my day! I’m so glad that you enjoyed it, and I really hope you love your dress x

37. sewmanju October 8, 2015 at 11:36 am #

Wow Jenny huge congrats all the versions look amazing and, in deed, no gaping! Well done.

38. ebonyh October 8, 2015 at 11:46 am #

Congrats on a gorgeous launch! It’s especially wonderful to see your first pattern is a wrap dress after hearing your Seamwork story.

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:33 pm #

Thanks Ebony! Yes, I’ve always been such a fan of wrap dresses, and they did kick off my sewing journey, so it only seemed appropriate 🙂

39. Rachelle Green October 8, 2015 at 11:47 am #

I’ve been want to make a wrap dress forever but just haven’t gotten around to. Can’t wait to try this pattern. I ordered a physical pattern so I guess I’ll just to cool my heels until it get here!

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:33 pm #

I shipped yours off this afternoon – hope it arrives soon!

40. Sandi October 8, 2015 at 12:03 pm #

Woot woot!! I am so excited for you!

41. Sue @ A Colourful Canvas October 8, 2015 at 12:12 pm #

Big Congrats Jenny! The Appleton dress looks fabulous!

42. Najah October 8, 2015 at 12:15 pm #

This is EVERYTHING!!! Thank you. I love you.

43. Chris Griffin October 8, 2015 at 12:20 pm #

I don’t like wrap dresses because of literally all the issues that this pattern is made to fix. HOLY MOLY, I’m so excited! THANK YOU!!!

44. Angela Hickman October 8, 2015 at 12:23 pm #

This is so, so fantastic! I have long eyed wrap dresses, but as a busy lady I’ve never been able to find one that fit properly. I am so excited to try this, and to see what you do next!

On a personal note, I would love to see a tank top (woven or knit) that works for curves (instead of being a tent) and a button-down shirt, whether fitted or loose, that still has shape. Really, though, I know whatever you release next will be fabulous. Congrats on starting your own line!

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:34 pm #

Thanks for the suggestions – all of them sound good!

45. michelleinsea October 8, 2015 at 12:24 pm #

I’m so excited for you! I’m wearing my test version today (partially because I finally did my “real” photoshoot this morning) and I’ve been wearing it regularly since finishing it. Looking forward to seeing everyone else’s versions, too!

46. Amy-June October 8, 2015 at 12:25 pm #

Oh my goodness me and my HH’s are so happy about this!!! You’ve made my year!!! I can’t wait to make your patterns! If you need pattern testers I am in!!!!

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:35 pm #

H sisters! Hope you enjoy the patterns – and do join my mailing list, it’s where I’ll be advertising for pattern testers in the future.

47. Jessica October 8, 2015 at 12:32 pm #

This is wonderful! Thanks and I’m so excited for you. I’m looking forward to sewing this pattern!

48. laurendigby October 8, 2015 at 12:35 pm #

Congratulations on releasing your first pattern! Will the paper version be available in any UK fabric shops?

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 6:47 pm #

I hope so! If you have a fabric shop you go to often, let them know they should get some in 😀

49. Jennifer October 8, 2015 at 12:35 pm #

Congratulations, Jenny! I’m a longtime lurker, and not particularly good at sewing my own clothes, but I love your blog and find your work so inspiring. I wish you lots of success with your patterns!

50. Iris October 8, 2015 at 12:36 pm #

Congratulations! This is great. I know one thing that is going on my Christmas list for friends and family. I already see it as a maxi.

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:36 pm #

Yay for Christmas presents! It would definitely work as a maxi…

51. goldpom October 8, 2015 at 12:45 pm #

Congrats Jenny! I’ve been hunting down a vintage Vogue DvF pattern for a wrap dress but this looks great.

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:36 pm #

They are really hard to find – and very expensive! But good luck!

52. Donna October 8, 2015 at 12:49 pm #

Awesome! Looking forward to making my first wrap dress. Congrats!

53. Karen in VA October 8, 2015 at 12:54 pm #

Soooo exciting!! I will definitely be ordering the pattern, if not a kit… As a fellow H cup, I’m beyond thrilled that I will be able to use this pattern without a ton of adjustments….
    Loved your podcast….. I was pretty popular in American Samoa this summer – was on a business trip and actually got hit on, which never happens here in the US….

54. Grace October 8, 2015 at 1:06 pm #

Congratulations!!!! I am so excited about this. I’m totally in your demographic and can’t hardly wait to make my own Appleton.

55. Rebecca October 8, 2015 at 1:18 pm #

Wow! Big congrats, sounds like it’s been a busy few months, but you should be so proud!

56. Mary Danielson Perry October 8, 2015 at 1:24 pm #

Congratulations, Jenny dear! I am so excited about Appleton’s launch into the world. This is the first wrap dress that has fit me straight from the pattern, thanks to your brilliant sizing. Those multiple cup sizes are going to make so many seamstresses very happy, indeed! Mazel tov!

57. Jane October 8, 2015 at 1:52 pm #

Please sell the kits in the UK !

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 1:53 pm #

They are available to be shipped to the UK 🙂 But they won’t be in UK stores unfortunately.

58. Jen October 8, 2015 at 2:15 pm #

Congratulations! Beautiful pattern and concept. I am new to the magic of small band/large cup bras that actually fit. I’m not sure where I fall in terms of cup size vs. shoulder size for your fit block. By the measurement chart, I’m a either a (12 G/H bust, 14 waist, 16 hip) or (14 C/D bust and waist, 16 hip). My UK bra size is 34 F. Any chance of high bust measurements being added so I can compare? Or other tips?

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 2:19 pm #

Hi Jen! Given those options, I would probably go for the 14 C/D bust and waist, and 16 hip – there’s a lot of wiggle room in the waist measurement as it’s a wrap dress! Using high bust measurement is usually a short cut calculation for when you need to do an FBA, but in this case, they already fit, so using your full bust measurement is a lot more accurate.

59. Toni October 8, 2015 at 2:18 pm #

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! Can’t wait to get home and download mine!!

60. Emma October 8, 2015 at 2:48 pm #

Congratulations! Your dresses look absolutely beautiful 🙂

61. Cynthia October 8, 2015 at 2:51 pm #

Jenny – I am a tall curvy girl size 12 (hips mainly) and have admired your blog from afar. I even had to laugh at the “small bust adjustment”, as the big 4 have been cruel to full busted women – so turnabout is fair play, even if that SBA is an adjustment I have to make when using your patterns..lol. You are amazing in discovering and now knowing what really works for your body and now helping others. I guess when I see this type of success, I just want to say congratulations………you deserve it………wishing you the best

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:37 pm #

Hi Cynthia – I know, the tables have turned! I do already have one friend who’s a B-cup who made the dress and it worked great for her though 😉

62. annie October 8, 2015 at 3:07 pm #

This is so awesome!!! And the first time ever I’ve been on the small end of the pattern sizing. What a crazy thing!

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:38 pm #

Isn’t it fun? I’m right in the middle, and even that is exciting 🙂

63. Cherie October 8, 2015 at 3:28 pm #

Jenny, kudos on your first smash hit (after reading all those great comments)! I can only imagine all the hard work you did, I applaud you for it! After a long hiatus, I’m coming back to sewing, and this will be wonderful for me. A suggestion, I’m a navy blue is my black person, and a great navy fabric would be awesome!

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 6:47 pm #

I love navy blue too! And as it happens I may have a navy blue kit for a pattern in the future…. watch this space 😉

64. Betsy October 8, 2015 at 3:38 pm #

Beautiful! Versatile! Perfect! I need this pattern! I’d love to make it in several different fabrics and lengths – even as a tunic!

65. Melissa Sugrue October 8, 2015 at 3:41 pm #

Love it…… know what I’m doing this weekend!! 😀 Great Job on the pattern, so looking forward to seeing what you come up with next! And woot for the sway back adjustment!

66. Pootle and Make October 8, 2015 at 3:49 pm #

Fantastic pattern, it’s a winner. It’s brilliant what you are offering and I wish your new pattern venture lots of success.

67. Dawn October 8, 2015 at 3:59 pm #

This is so exciting! I love the look of this dress and I’m really looking forward to your posts about how to pick material – I’m too much of a novice to really know what I’m looking for when I search Mood online!

68. Rebecca Davis October 8, 2015 at 5:15 pm #

This is fantastic news. I wondered what the big secret that you alluded to would turn out to be and here it is. Congratulations. And thank you for making paper patterns, too.

• Jenny Rushmore October 8, 2015 at 10:40 pm #

Ha, my secret is out! I’m a fan of paper patterns so I knew I wanted to do them, even though it’s a *lot* more work than PDFs!

• Rebecca Davis October 10, 2015 at 9:23 am #

Got mine from Patternreview. Can’t wait to see it come in the mailbox. And thanks for putting in the extra work for paper. It is much appreciated.

69. LLADYBIRD October 8, 2015 at 7:21 pm #

DUDE YOU ARE AWESOME! Can’t wait to see what else you cook up with this pattern line 😀

70. Kate Carvalho October 8, 2015 at 7:23 pm #

Totally awesome!!! Congratulations to you!

71. Jane October 8, 2015 at 7:52 pm #

Brilliant news! I hope it’s a fabulous success (sounds like it is already!).

72. Lauren of Rosie Wednesday October 8, 2015 at 7:53 pm #

Many congratulations my friend! This is superb, and so well done. You may get me into sewing knits yet.

73. sallie October 8, 2015 at 10:28 pm #

This is so exciting!! Congratulations and well done!!

74. Ping October 8, 2015 at 11:42 pm #

Yayyy Jennnaayyyyy! Congrats x a million!! I’ll have a drink for you on Monday to celebrate! 🙂 🙂 🙂

75. Jennifer Bruce October 9, 2015 at 3:48 am #

Fabulous, can’t wait to try it! PLEASE pretty please can we have a full skirted wrap, a skater style dress and a tunic with a variety of necklines?

• Jennifer Bruce October 9, 2015 at 3:52 am #

oooh oooh and a v-necked cardigan with a ribbed waistline, two lengths, super flattering for large busted folks.

76. Marike Smit October 9, 2015 at 9:15 am #

Congratulations! You are filling a huge gap in the market!!!????

77. Lety Booth October 9, 2015 at 10:09 am #

OOOH!!! So excited to sew this up!

78. Abbey (abbeydabbles) October 9, 2015 at 12:04 pm #

Ohh Jenny, what have you done? My husband will freak when he sees I bought yet another pattern! On the plus side, he’ll love how I look in it, right? Have to add your beautiful wrap dress to my birthday shopping splurge next weekend.

79. er October 9, 2015 at 12:27 pm #

Can you please go into more detail about the “innovative” neckband? I’d like to understand what is going to make this neckband work as advertised (unlike most other wrap dresses) before I drop all the money on the pattern…
    Thanks!

• Jenny Rushmore October 9, 2015 at 12:36 pm #

Hi – it’s a combination of the shape of the neckband pieces, and the relative length of the neckband and neckline. It’s different to any wrap dress pattern I’ve used before!

If you check out my Instagram (www.instagram.com/cashmerette) you’ll see one of my friends dancing around in it with no gaping!

80. Paige @ Very Paige October 9, 2015 at 1:11 pm #

Jenny this looks awesome! I was just thinking about making a wrap dress, I’m definitely going to have to make this once I get some good knit fabric.

• Jenny Rushmore October 9, 2015 at 2:59 pm #

Thanks Paige! We’ll have some good sources for knit fabrics next week.

81. humphreyeleanor October 9, 2015 at 2:45 pm #

I have a question – is there a waist seam? I ask because I am eyeing up the fabric in my stash, and trying to work out if I could squeeze this out of some of the pieces….

• Jenny Rushmore October 9, 2015 at 2:59 pm #

Hi! No, there isn’t a waist seam.

• humphreyeleanor October 9, 2015 at 3:21 pm #

do you reckon I could squeeze a dress out of 2 1.5m pieces of wide fabric? I reckon I am a G/H bust size 18. I have two brightly coloured remnants which are screaming out to be an Appleton.

PS, why is it called ‘Appleton’? i like the fact it’s not a girls name – it’s starting to get confusing with multiple indie patterns with the same name..

• Jenny Rushmore October 9, 2015 at 4:59 pm #

*Probably* ! You may not have enough for long sleeves potentially, but I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to.

And: it’s a street name in the neighbourhood I live in, in Boston 🙂

82. Mother of Reinvention October 9, 2015 at 5:33 pm #

Congratulations on your first pattern release. That is a lovely dress and the thought of not doing an FBA makes me very excited. Looking forward to trying this pattern. Xx

83. gingermakes October 9, 2015 at 7:04 pm #

Congrats!!!!!

84. carla October 9, 2015 at 9:32 pm #

I’m very excited for you! Congratulations! I’m a 2x, and between ‘B’ and a ‘C’ cup, but I can’t find anything that doesn’t need a major overhaul – it’s felt like I might as well just make up my own patterns, and sometimes, I do, but not with any real tailoring. Thank you!

85. KimP October 10, 2015 at 9:29 am #

Jenny, I love it and want to make it and I have never made a knit dress before! I know you are dedicated to bringing forth patterns for curvier girls, but is there any chance you might expand your sizing to smaller sizes?? Like 36 bust, 29 waist, 39 hips? Just asking!!!

86. katiedavis October 10, 2015 at 9:23 pm #

Thank you, from me and my curves. I can’t wait to make it.

87. danvillegirl October 11, 2015 at 10:48 am #

Congratulations on the launch of your new dress pattern. You have definitely found a nice niche to market to. I wish you much success. I have truly enjoyed your sewing journey.

88. francesca October 12, 2015 at 3:44 am #

Damn! I can’t believe it – the queen of wrap dresses starts issuing patterns – with a wrap dress – and I’m small for the size range! I’ve never been small for a size range! Well, as a pear shape, my lower half is just below your smallest size. Not fair:(.
    I shall probably get this to make for my sister…. who’s an apple, with very similar boob and waist measurements – what do you think, hard to adjust?
    Girl, you are the coolest.

89. Rebecca Pattydoo October 12, 2015 at 4:54 am #

Gorgeous! Love the fabric kit with the polka dot mesh 🙂

90. nett3811 October 12, 2015 at 9:08 am #

Congratulations! I’ve been underwhelmed by patterns for years and often self-draft. A wrap dress is on my to-do list but now, perhaps I won’t have to!

91. Amanda October 12, 2015 at 11:51 am #

This is so great! I am beyond excited to try your patterns!! I am on the small end of your size range, but have similar issues to what you describe. I would love to see a button-up collared shirt. I love them, but can never find a RTW or pattern that fits properly at the bust.

92. Sheila October 12, 2015 at 12:39 pm #

This is exciting, never have I been able to fit anything well with my shape. I would love to be a tester for you, I’m a short 5’2″, major pounds too many despite my efforts, and now my size has become really difficult to fit.

93. Kate Erbach October 14, 2015 at 1:32 pm #

Oooh, an Appleton dress for Appleton Wisconsin!

94. Patti October 15, 2015 at 10:44 am #

You can’t see me, but I’m doing a happy dance. Thank you!

95. Loganstitches October 15, 2015 at 8:15 pm #

Hey Jenny,
    Well done. I was thrilled to hear that you are starting a pattern line and picked up a kit. I finished my second Appleton today. They are amazing and it was so nice not to have to grade and fit a giant bust dart into things. I can’t wait to see what else your pattern line will include and finally realized what pattern I would like to see. Some vintage 50’s fit and flare would be awesome. Thanks for doing this for the community.

96. annie October 15, 2015 at 8:44 pm #

Shorts! I would love a pattern for shorts that accommodates a big bum and big thighs.

97. Sheree October 16, 2015 at 1:49 am #

I predict this will be a great business for you. You only have to look at the number of comments to see that there is a big demand for patterns for curvy figures. Why the big pattern companies have not ventured into this themselves, is quite staggering. I look forward to additional patterns and wish you every sucess.

98. Jordan Slice October 16, 2015 at 1:25 pm #

I loved your interview on Seamwork Radio & have been following you ever since! This wrap dress pattern is ahh-mazing (no surprise!)! The kits are awesome – I wish all of the indie designers would offer that 😉 Congratulations on your 1st pattern release – can’t wait to see what else is in store!

99. Laurie October 17, 2015 at 12:41 pm #

i am very excited about the new line of patterns, but i have to admit my excitement is tempered a bit. i was so happy when i found your blog, because i consider you to be my physical doppelganger. There don’t seem to be too many plus sized sewing bloggers who are apples with relatively slim hips/bottoms, and so many sewing patterns seem to focus on hourglass or pear shapes, so i was thrilled that here there would be… oh, huh. Hourglass, with a 10″ difference between waist and hips.

There are lots of great things here (cup sizes for beyond D cups? Amazing! no gape neckline? YES!). Am i buying the pattern and making my first wrap dress? Of course! Yet i am a little sad… Does anyone know of a pattern company that is perhaps a bit more apple shape friendly?

1. Serendipity and a Sewing Vacation | Logan Stitches - October 8, 2015

[…] knit wrap dress that comes in sizes 12-28 with cup sizes c/d, e/f and g/h included in the pattern (Read more on Cashmerette).  If getting back all of the time that FBA’s and grading have been taking from your sewing […]

2. Pattern Review: Cashmerette Patterns Appleton Dress - October 14, 2015

[…] here today with a pattern review of the brand new Appleton dress pattern from Cashmerette Patterns, a new venture from CSC founder Jenny. This classic knit wrap dress is specifically designed with […]

3. Wednesday Weekly #11 | Helen's ClosetHelen's Closet - October 21, 2015

[…] launched her pattern line, kicking things off with the Appleton Dress.  This dress has already been so successful and it’s no surprise,  it looks so fabulous on […]

4. Floral Appleton | mexicanpink - November 7, 2015

[…] I bring you my Appleton, the first pattern by Cashemerette. You must have seen it around already (#appleton #wrapdress #appletondress). It has been making […]

5. Vanessa Pouzet Wanted (for crimes against difficult necklines) Tee | The Monthly Stitch - July 11, 2017

[…] patterns designers which came in to mind. I wanted to try the Appleton Dress by Cashmerette after receiving a very successful one as part of the Hand Made Dress Swap. However, the […]