The pattern is simple and fits all the curves. It also provides a nice canvas for experimenting with vertical alterations. Working with this pattern I have learned that even though I am quite short, my torso is very long. So far I have made three versions of the Springfield and in each one I learned how to address a lengthen/size issue. All of them fit better than something I bought at the store, and each attempt brings me closer to my ideal fit. I love the patterns and the workshops. I need to add 2" (vertical) near the shoulder area, lower the bust dart by an additional 1", add length between bustline and waist and between waist and hip.
Batik Butterflies with cap sleeves- 26G; Coral Rayon Challis - 22G/26 waist/28 hips, bust dart lowered 3", waist lowered 2.75", added button to bring in neckline; Still working on version 3 and planning version 4.
I absolutely love this pattern! It is so easy to sew, and I love everything about the fit. I’ve made 3 so far and plan to make even more!
I bought a bunch of Cashmerette patterns. I decided the first pattern I would sew would be the Springfield top because it is a simple woven top with only a few pattern pieces and sleeveless tops rarely fit me in rtw. Gaposis underarm is not a nice look! I was thinking that because my high bust was only 2 “ less than my full bust, a CD bust would be fine. However, upon measuring under the bust vs. full bust (used for bra sizing) it showed I needed a larger cup size. So long story short, I made the next muslin in the next size up cup size, and I had to drop the bust dart down an inch because my apex was lower. For this pattern’s finished View A measurements, I graded the waist up one size and the hip 2 sizes not the 3 I had done on the first muslin. The jury is still out on a narrow shoulder adjustment. I’m going to baste the shoulder seams and do another fitting. Love this pattern! It has helped me tremendously to take the online class on upper body pattern adjustments and to take the time to make these adjustments. Thank you!
I’m excited to have a pattern to use up my smaller bits of yardage that I inherited. I converted the front to princess seams, and I’m looking forward to seeing what other modifications I can try.
This pattern was easy to follow and sews up quickly. It’s easily altered to fit a variety of body shapes and sizes. The finished garment is roomy and forgiving. I did an adjustment to bring down the neckline about an inch, but otherwise, making one of the provided sizes was perfect for me. With fabric choice and provided options for a bottom band and cropped length, this pattern is also versatile, and the finished garment can be fancy or plain. I love it and I’ve already made two shirts on regular rotation in my wardrobe.