Open positions with Cashmerette
PART TIME STUDIO ASSISTANT
We are looking for a reliable part-time employee to join our small and friendly team!
10 hours per week, split into two 5-hour days on-site in the studio.
The office & shipping manager will be responsible for the following, as well as additional tasks that may come up during employment.
- Shipping of customer & wholesale Cashmerette Patterns. Includes processing orders through Shopify & Shipstation, creating manual orders where needed, creating Fedex/UPS orders and pickups for distributors, physically packing up orders, and carrying orders to loading dock.
- Warehousing & Inventory management. Includes monitoring stock levels, packing up new patterns (putting instructions & pattern inside envelope), keeping track of office supplies and sharing what needs to be ordered.
- Cutting & packing fabric. Fulfilling fabric kits includes cutting fabric (on an industry cutting table), folding and packing for shipment.
- Maintaining studio workspace. Tidying & sweeping studio regularly, taking cardboard boxes to recycling (in loading dock) and disposing of studio trash.
Please note, that during February 2018, the two other employees of Cashmerette Patterns will be overseas, and the office & shipping manager will be responsible for handling all shipping independently (with email and phone support).
- Familiarity with Shopify and ShipStation is preferable but not mandatory
- Must be proficient in Gmail, GSuites (e.g. Google Sheets & Docs), Excel, and using a Mac computer.
- Must be able to regularly lift boxes of up to 40 lbs, including up and down stairs.
- Sewing ability is nice, but not mandatory.
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
1. A cover letter (1 page max) describing why you would like the job, how you meet the requirements, what days you are available to work and any timing restrictions.
2. A resume outlining your relevant training and experience, including contacts for two references (email and phone number included). Please confirm if we can contact references before the job offer is confirmed.