JOB OPENINGS AT CASHMERETTE
We currently have the following roles open at Cashmerette:
Pattern Development Manager (deadline November 13)
Studio Assistant (deadline November 9) - scroll down for job description
Fit Models, Size 8 and 18 - scroll down for description
PATTERN DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
At Cashmerette, we’re a friendly, enthusiastic team dedicated to helping curvy women feel confident through sewing their own wardrobe. We are looking to expand our team with a Pattern Development Manager, based in our studio in Boston (with flexibility to work from home).
The Pattern Development Manager will play a pivotal role at Cashmerette, leading and managing the process and team, and contributing to the hands-on work of pattern development. This role reports directly to the CEO.
The Pattern Development Manager is responsible for the following areas, as well as additional tasks that may come up during employment.
- Co-lead creative process with CEO, contributing insight and data-led ideas on trends, customer preferences and portfolio fit.
- Lead development of patterns with (external) pattern drafter. Brief, revise and refine fit of samples, including sewing up the samples (may also be done with external sample sewists).
- Develop and write instructions for new patterns, working with Production Artist to illustrate steps and develop required tables, layouts etc.
- Run testing process with our tester pool.
- Develop final print materials with (external) graphic designer.
- Manage Quality Assurance/proofing process.
- Collaborate with Marketing Director on photoshoots, including sample development.
- Lead project management and schedule, responsible for creating deadlines, managing Production Artist and contractors to deliver on time, and working with Operations Manager to manage print schedule.
- Improve existing processes, and set up new ones where needed, to enable us to launch high quality, fully accurate patterns on a swift timeline with a small team.
- Directly manage Production Artist, and manage multiple contractors.
- Degree in fashion / apparel design.
- 5+ years of experience developing sewing patterns, in a home sewing or industrial environment (if only industrial, you must also have extensive personal experience with home sewing patterns), including the development of instructions. Pattern drafting experience preferred but not mandatory.
- 3+ years of complex project management experience.
- People management experience, including direct reports and outsourced contractors.
- Exceptional fitting skills, with specific experience fitting plus size bodies.
- Outstanding attention to detail and highly organized.
- Highly process oriented, thriving in a process-driven environment, and with a mindset of continual improvement.
- Excellent communication both in person, and remote (CEO is currently residing abroad).
- Able to attend meetings and fittings at our studio in the South End of Boston.
- Legal resident of the USA
- Annual salary of $50,000 per year for full time work of 40 hours a week.
- 20 days of Paid Time Off and 5 public holidays.
- Health and dental insurance available
- Some flexible working is available: the PDM must be available to attend meetings and fittings at our South End, Boston studio, but can also work from home at other times. Currently, during the pandemic, the role will mostly be work from home.
- Please send your resume and an example of sewing pattern instructions you have written and/or illustrated to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 13th.
- Finalists will be asked to provide three references. Interviews will be conducted by Zoom .
At Cashmerette, we’re a friendly, enthusiastic team dedicated to helping curvy women feel confident through sewing their own wardrobe. We are looking to expand our team with a part-time Studio Assistant to work with us in the South End of Boston.
- Part-time employee, 10 hours per week, split into two 5-hour days on-site in the studio.
- Preferably Monday and Thursday, but negotiable.
- Exact hours are flexible, but must be before 3pm.
- There is potential for this job to be expanded in the future depending on the skills of the person hired.
- $13/hour, rising to $14.50/hour after 6 months
The Studio Assistant will be responsible for the following, as well as additional tasks that may come up during employment.
- Shipping of customer & wholesale Cashmerette Patterns. Includes processing orders through Shopify & Shipstation, creating manual orders where needed, creating Fedex/UPS orders and pickups for distributors, physically packing up orders, and moving orders to lobby for pickup.
- Warehousing & Inventory management. Includes monitoring stock levels, packing up new patterns (putting instructions & pattern inside envelope), keeping track of office supplies and sharing what needs to be ordered.
- Cutting & packing fabric. Fulfilling fabric kits includes cutting fabric (on an industry cutting table), folding and packing for shipment.
- Maintaining studio workspace. Tidying & sweeping studio regularly, taking cardboard boxes to recycling and disposing of studio trash, implementing our COVID safety measures.
- Assisting Operations Manager. Ad hoc assistance such as support at photoshoots, collecting mail, printing on our plotter, research on social media.
- Reliable and responsible
- Fantastic attention to detail and very organized.
- Proactive attitude, identifying ways to help independently.
- Being an enthusiastic sewist preferred but not required.
- Experience of admin or shipping/receiving work preferred but not required.
- Must be able to regularly lift boxes of up to 50 lbs.
- Familiarity with Shopify and ShipStation is preferable but not mandatory
- Must be proficient in Gmail, GSuites (e.g. Google Sheets & Docs) and Excel, and easily able to learn new online tools.
- Legal resident of the USA
- Please send your resume to email@example.com by November 9th.
- Finalists will be asked to provide three references. Interviews will be conducted by Zoom and in-person in our studio in the South End.
We are looking for two fit models to help us develop and test our new patterns. This is an ad-hoc contractor role.
The size 18 model must:
- Be 5' 5" - 5'7" tall
- Have a high bust measurement of 43"
- Have a full bust measurement of 47"-48"
- Have a waist measurement of 38"
- Have a hip measurement of 48"
The size 8 model must:
- Be 5' 5" - 5'7" tall
- Have a high bust measurement of 34"
- Have a full bust measurement of 38"-39"
- Have a waist measurement of 29"
- Have a hip measurement of 39"
- Be able to come to our studio in the South End of Boston on occasion, ideally during the workday
- No sewing or modeling experience is required
- Models will be compensated $50 per fitting session (typically under 2 hours).