Production Artist (Part Time)
At Cashmerette, we’re a friendly, enthusiastic team dedicated to helping curvy women feel confident through sewing their own wardrobe, and we are looking to expand our team with a technical expert.
We are searching for a self-motivated production artist to join Cashmerette as a remote part-time employee (20 hours a week), with the potential to expand to full time in the future. This role reports directly to our Head of Product.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of high quality output with minimal supervision, and a high level of proficiency in technical production. While we would prefer someone with familiarity with sewing patterns, we can provide specific training if needed.
- Creating technical illustrations for our sewing pattern instructions, using Adobe Illustrator to create clear diagrams in our house style. Hand-drawn diagrams and our previous library of diagrams will be provided for guidance.
- Processing “raw” AI sewing pattern piece files from our drafter into final consumer patterns (applying line weights, adding labels etc.).
- Creating yardage charts and cutting layouts using templates in AI and Excel.
- Creating final pattern PDF download files using AI templates provided.
- Formalizing our existing house style guide into a consistent, professional format.
- Processing raw photographs for web use.
- Creating blog and website graphics using a style guide.
- High level of proficiency with full Adobe Suite with at least 3 years experience in Adobe Illustrator creating vector illustrations.
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Google Suite products.
- Preferably, experience with sewing patterns and instructions.
- Access to all resources needed to conduct duties, including internet access and a computer. If you don’t already have it, Cashmerette will provide you with Adobe Suite access.
- Excellent organizational skills and discipline to meet deadlines, with outstanding attention to detail and a methodical work approach.
- Fantastic communication and collaboration skills to facilitate working on a remote team.
- Self-motivated disposition with ability to work with minimal guidance.
- Legal resident of the USA. This is a remote position.
- Annual salary of $18,000 for part-time work of 20 hours a week. There may be the opportunity to expand to a full-time role in the future.
- Flexible working time is available, with a reasonable expectation for availability for meetings during regular working hours (Eastern Standard Time).
- 40 hours annual Paid Time Off.
- Please send your resume along with 3 examples of vector illustrations (preferably technical illustrations or instructions) executed in Adobe Illustrator, to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 1 August 2020.
- Finalists will be asked to provide three references.
- Interviews will be conducted by Zoom. Finalists will be asked to complete a short skills task on Adobe Illustrator as part of the interview process.