The Kimball Bomber Jacket is the Cashmerette Club PDF pattern for February 2022. To get the Kimball, join Cashmerette Club here.
(Already a member? Log in to your account and visit the Club dashboard to download your pattern.)
Are you looking for a fun bomber jacket that fits your curves? The Kimball Bomber Jacket is for you. Featuring cup sizes from C-H and bust darts for shaping, it has a relaxed fit through the shoulders and back so you get the classic bomber jacket look, but is neat through the bust and shoulders so you’re not overwhelmed with fabric. It also features awesome quilted sleeves, a clean-finish faced zipper, and handy angled zipper pockets. The unlined jacket is slightly cropped, and is finished with ribbed cuffs, hem band and neckband, and has bound seams for a beautiful finish inside.
0-16 and 12-32, in three cup sizes (C/D, E/F, G/H). See Sizing Guide.
Separate files for both size ranges are included. How to choose your size range »
- Main: Mid to heavy weight woven fabrics such as such as duck cotton, canvas, sateen, brocade, jacquard, wool blends.
- Lining (sleeve and pocket): light-weight woven lining such as rayon bemberg or crepe de chine. Stable cotton can be also used for the pocket.
- Batting (sleeves): 1/8 - 1/4" low loft cotton, wool or bamboo batting or wadding material.
- Ribbing (cuffs, neckband, and lower band): knit ribbed fabric (either tubular or by the yard), maximum 40- 50% stretch, look for a stable rib knit with good recovery. Alternatively, a heavy knit such as ponte or scuba will work. If using rib knit cuff/waistband trim, you will need 6" (15.3 cm) wide trim. Length of trim: 21/4 yd (2.1 m) for 0 - 16 range, 27/8 yd (2.6 m) for 12 - 32 range.
- Interfacing: Lightweight fusible interfacing for zipper facing and zipper pockets.
Universal needle, thread, 22” separating zipper, two 7” pocket zippers, 7 yards of either ½” wide double fold bias tape or strips of 1 1/2 ” wide lightweight cotton fabric cut on the bias.
Jenny (green) is wearing a size 18 G/H. Her measurements are high bust 43", full bust 48", waist 40", hip 47", and she is 5' 6”.
Rachel (blue) is wearing a size 18 G/H. Her measurements are high bust 43", full bust 47", waist 39", hip 49", and she is 5' 5”.
Dhara (floral) is wearing a size 8 C/D graded to a 6 in the waist and hips. Her measurements are high bust 35", full bust 36.5", waist 28.5", hip 35", and she is 5' 2”.