This pattern is available to active Cashmerette Club members only. This is the PDF pattern for November 2023 and includes sizes 0-32. Not a Club member yet? Join today!
Experience timeless elegance with the Savin Coat! The Savin features a fitted princess seam bodice, double-breasted front with inseam buttonholes, and two skirt options: A-line or full. With a full lining, two-piece sleeves with faux button plackets, oversized notch collar, and optional welt pockets, the Savin is sure to add a touch of sophistication—and a whole lot of warmth—to your winter wardrobe.
This Cashmerette pattern includes:
- Cup sizes from C to H
- Full bicep sleeve option in sizes 12-32
- A sizing calculator which will tell you exactly which size to make
- A beautifully illustrated and detailed instruction booklet, to guide you no matter your sewing level
- A free video sewalong to help you every step of the way
Want to see how this pattern will look on you? Sketch your plans on a body outline croquis that's custom made to your measurements with MyBodyModel. Learn more »
0-32 in three cup sizes (C/D, E/F, G/H). Includes 33-62” bust and 35-62” hip. Find your size in seconds using our size calculator.
Separate files for both size ranges (0-16 and 12-32) are included. How to choose your size range »
- Main: mid- to heavy-weight coating fabrics such as tweed or boucle, made from wool, linen, or wool blends.
- Lining: lightweight woven lining such as rayon bemberg or crepe de chine. For a heavy winter coat, you can add warmth by using a satin backed flannel lining such as Kasha Satin or underlining your lining with Thinsulate.
- Pocketing: stable midweight woven fabric such as quilting cotton
- Interfacing: mid-weight weft fusible interfacing, mid-weight knit fusible interfacing. Optional fusible horsehair canvas can be used for chest shield interfacing for extra structure.
- Universal or microtex needle, hand sewing needle, thread
- Two 7/8“– 1” (2.2 – 2.5 cm) diameter buttons (center front)
- Six 1/2” – 5/8" (1.2 – 1.5 cm) diameter buttons (sleeve vents)
- Shoulder pads (3/8”/1 cm – ½”/12 mm thick)
- Sleeve head (optional)
- 1 yd (0.9 m) of straight grain fusible stabilizing tape
- Optional: 1” – 1 1/4” (2.5 cm – 3.2 cm) wide horsehair braid
Michelle (fuchsia) is wearing View B of the Savin Coat in size 22 E/F graded to a 24 in the waist and hips. Her measurements are 48″ high bust, 51″ full bust, 46″ waist, and 54″ hips, and she is 5′ 6″.
Julie (gray) is wearing View A of the Savin Coat in a size 12 E/F graded to a 16 in the waist and hips. Her measurements are 38″ high bust, 41″ full bust, 37″ waist, and 45.5″ hips, and she is 5′ 5″.
Jenny (green) is wearing View A of the Savin Coat in a size 18 E/F graded to a 16 in the hips. Her measurements are 43″ high bust, 47″ full bust, 39″ waist, and 44″ hips, and she is 5′ 6″.