I love this pattern. Cashmerette is the only pattern company that I don’t have to do an FBA for, which made the Springfield a quick and easy sew with a beautiful outcome. I have already picked up fabric for several more of these.
The Springfield Top was such an easy project. I entered my measurements into the Size Calculator and it told me just what size to choose. It suggested that I grade out in my waistline and I got a perfect fit. The directions were very simple and a rookie like me had no problems. I made a wearable muslin out of some crepe material I’d had for years. I’m very proud of my finished garment. This was an easy pattern and I will definitely make it again.
The pattern is simple and fits all the curves. It also provides a nice canvas for experimenting with vertical alterations. Working with this pattern I have learned that even though I am quite short, my torso is very long. So far I have made three versions of the Springfield and in each one I learned how to address a lengthen/size issue. All of them fit better than something I bought at the store, and each attempt brings me closer to my ideal fit. I love the patterns and the workshops. I need to add 2" (vertical) near the shoulder area, lower the bust dart by an additional 1", add length between bustline and waist and between waist and hip.
Batik Butterflies with cap sleeves- 26G; Coral Rayon Challis - 22G/26 waist/28 hips, bust dart lowered 3", waist lowered 2.75", added button to bring in neckline; Still working on version 3 and planning version 4.
I absolutely love this pattern! It is so easy to sew, and I love everything about the fit. I’ve made 3 so far and plan to make even more!
I bought a bunch of Cashmerette patterns. I decided the first pattern I would sew would be the Springfield top because it is a simple woven top with only a few pattern pieces and sleeveless tops rarely fit me in rtw. Gaposis underarm is not a nice look! I was thinking that because my high bust was only 2 “ less than my full bust, a CD bust would be fine. However, upon measuring under the bust vs. full bust (used for bra sizing) it showed I needed a larger cup size. So long story short, I made the next muslin in the next size up cup size, and I had to drop the bust dart down an inch because my apex was lower. For this pattern’s finished View A measurements, I graded the waist up one size and the hip 2 sizes not the 3 I had done on the first muslin. The jury is still out on a narrow shoulder adjustment. I’m going to baste the shoulder seams and do another fitting. Love this pattern! It has helped me tremendously to take the online class on upper body pattern adjustments and to take the time to make these adjustments. Thank you!