Ipswich Swimsuit Bundle: Stripes Fabric & Notions Kit
You'll be a classic bathing beauty in your new navy & white colour-bocked Ipswich Swimsuit - and you have the option of a crimson or turquoise waistband (both are included!). We found sophisticated, high quality spandex for you to make your Ipswich Swimsuit one-piece or bikini, and the kit comes with everything you need to make your suit (except underwires, which are sold separately here).
- ⅝ yard navy & white striped spandex - note, the stripes are 1/2" wide on the kit, vs. 3/8" wide as shown on the sample.
- ¾ yard navy milliskin spandex
- Crimson & turquoise spandex (large enough for size 28 G/H waistband)
- 1 ⅛ yards beige swimsuit lining
- 6 yards of ¼” rubber/swimwear elastic
- 2 yards of ⅝” bra strapping
- 2 clear swimwear closures
- 1 yard of ⅝” wide beige Fold Over Elastic
- 1 yard of ¼” stay tape
- Piece of beige swim cup foam (large enough for size 28 G/H)
- Piece of beige Duoplex (large enough for size 28 G/H)
- Piece of beige power mesh (large enough for size 28 G/H)
- 1 yard of beige underwire channeling
- ⅓ yard of white pre-covered ¼” plastic boning
You can either buy the kit with fabric & notions alone, with the PDF pattern, or with the printed pattern (use the dropdown box to make your choice).
You will also need stretch needles, thread, and underwires which are not included in this kit.
Hand wash and lay flat to dry.
I have been wanting such a swimsuit with exactly these stripes and the red waistband - and there comes your pattern and kit! I was so pleased! I was a little bit daunted by making a swimsuit for myself but the pattern is well made. I had to shorten the torso and change the seamlines on the front a bit and I made a shelf bra (thanks for the instructions!). I felt that the elasticated straps are very cleverly done and hold everything in place very neatly. All in all: very happy - and I am going to make a second one.