Lenox Shirtdress Expansion
Add variety to your Lenox Shirtdress with long sleeves, a sleeveless variation with updated armscyes for no-gape, and full bicep sleeve options for both the short and long sleeve options!
Classic tailoring blends with effortless style in the Lenox Shirtdress. This structured beauty features curve-friendly princess seams, a traditional or band collar, and the choice of a pleated or gathered skirt. A V-neck button placket frames your face, while roomy pockets provide the perfect hiding spot for your phone and lipstick. Level up your sewing skills and turn heads with this sophisticated shirtdress!
This pattern download contains the Lenox Expansion ONLY. You can buy the Lenox Shirtdress pattern (Printed or PDF) separately here.
The pieces included in the Lenox Shirtdress expansion are:
- Short Sleeve: Full Bicep version (standard version is in original pattern)
- Long Sleeve: Standard version
- Long Sleeve: Full Bicep version
- Sleeveless Bodice (5 pattern pieces), in cup sizes C/D, E/F and G/H.
Please note the Lenox Expansion files are only available in a PDF format.
New to PDF sewing patterns? See our complete guide here.
SEWING LEVEL: Intermediate
SIZING: 12 to 28, in three cup sizes (C/D, E/F, G/H).
RECOMMENDED FABRIC for the UPTON DRESS WITH SLEEVES:
Light to medium-weight woven fabric such as rayon, voile, lawn, or chambray.
NOTIONS: Universal needle, 15 buttons size ⅜"- ½" (1 cm) for long sleeve, 13 buttons size ⅜"- ½" (1 cm) for short sleeve and sleeveless, ½ yard (0.4 m) fusible interfacing.
You'll receive files to print at home or at a copy shop. Files are delivered as a .zip file which can be downloaded on a computer, but not on a mobile device. For more on PDFs, see the FAQs. Please read the Read Me file first to see which files you'll want to print.
- Read Me: 1 page (0.03 MB)
- Expansion Instructions: 14 pages (3.6 MB)
- Print At Home:
- Full Bicep Short Sleeve: 8 pages (0.3 MB)
- Full Bicep Long Sleeve: 12 pages (0.3 MB)
- Standard Bicep Long Sleeve: 11 pages (0.3 MB)
- Sleeveless (one file for each cup size): 14 pages (0.4 MB) each
- Copy Shop:
- Full Bicep Short & Long Sleeves (A0 or US 36" x 48" size): 1 page (0.3 MB) each
- Standard Bicep Long Sleeves (A0 or US 36" x 48" size): 1 page (0.25 MB) each
- Sleeveless (one file for each cup size) (A0 or US 36" x 48" size): 1 page (0.3 MB) each
I had made two Lenox with the old pattern and several variations on Harrison. Between help I got from Cashmerette on fit problems and gaining experience using the Cashmerette patterns I’ve got my best size worked out. My first new Lenox turned out great! The bodice is the best fit I’ve ever had in a dress. So far, I’ve made the sleeveless version and one with the full bicep sleeve. The full bicep sleeve (from the sleeve expansion) along with choosing the right bodice size (down a size and up a cup size from what I’d tried before) gave me great fit. I’ve made all my new Lenox dresses with a shortened bodice to give me an empire waist. Lastly, I really like the new collar. It lays flat for me and looks good.
I have used the sleeve extension to make the Lenox into a winter dress, easy to follow instructions. The only slight issue I had was around the front armhole but that was because of my body shape not the pattern and I managed to resolve it. Would definitely recommend getting sleeves!
So pleased with this full bicep offering. So great to be able to avoid adjustments and have Jenny do the work for me!