0 to 16, in three cup sizes (C/D, E/F, G/H); includes 33-46” bust and 35-46” hip. Find your size in seconds using our size calculator.
This pattern is also available in sizes 12-32 (sold separately).
Light- to mid-weight knit fabrics such as jersey, ITY, Liverpool knit, double knit, or ponte with at least 25% stretch both horizontally and vertically. There are two exceptions:
- Relaxed bodice: at least 25% stretch horizontally, and at least 10% vertically.
- A-line maxi skirt: due to the weight of the piece, 0-10% lengthwise stretch is ideal. You can use 25%+, but may need to adjust the length to account for the skirt stretching vertically.
If you are lining your bodice (for the square neckline, optional for all others), you can use the same fabric for the lining, or a lighter weight knit with the same amount of stretch.
Interfacing (turtle neckband only): lightweight stretch interfacing (optional)
Ballpoint or stretch needle, thread, twin needle (optional for hem).
For elasticated waistband: 1 yd (1 m) of 1” (2.5 cm) wide elastic.
Optional: Clear elastic for shoulder seams (¾ yds/0.7 m), slash pocket openings (3/8 yd/0.3 m), and/or waist seam (1 yd/1 m).
Optional: Fusible hem tape (maximum of 6 yds /5.5 m).
Choose your own adventure with numerous features that can be mixed and matched in over 400 combinations! Pattern features include:
- Relaxed bodice with dropped shoulders
- Fitted bodice with waist darts
- Each bodice can be made as a dress or top
- Each bodice can be lined or unlined
- V neck with neckband or lining
- Crew neck with neckband or lining
- Scoop neck with neckband or lining
- Turtleneck with neckband
- Square neck with lining
- Relaxed bodice: grown-on drop sleeves or long sleeves
- Fitted bodice: straight sleeves in short, mid, and long lengths; bishop sleeves; sleeveless with armhole facing or lining
- A-line skirt in knee or maxi length with optional inseam pockets
- Straight skirt in short, knee, or midi length with optional slash pockets and side slits
- Asymmetrical draped skirt with optional slash pockets
- 3-panel circle skirt
- Each skirt can be combined with any bodice option to make a dress or sewn on its own as a standalone skirt.
PDF pattern information
New to PDF sewing patterns? See our complete guide here.
The PDF comes in separate files so you only need to print the features you desire. You'll receive files to print at home or at a copy shop. Files are delivered as a .zip file which can be downloaded on a computer, but not on a mobile device. For more on PDFs, see the FAQs.
Total ZIP file size: 6.5 MB
Instructions: 49 pages
- Relaxed bodice: 33 pages
- Fitted bodice, sleeved: 41 pages
- Fitted bodice, sleeveless: 27 pages
- Straight skirt: 10 pages
- A-Line skirt: 16 pages
- Asymmetric skirt: 18 pages
- Circle skirt: 12 pages
Copy shop (A0 size) files:
- Relaxed bodice pieces: 2 pages
- Fitted bodice, sleeved: 2 pages
- Fitted bodice, sleeveless: 2 pages
- Straight skirt: 1 page
- A-Line skirt: 1 page
- Asymmetric skirt: 1 page
- Circle skirt: 1 page
Megha (floral dress, fuchsia top) is wearing a size 4 C/D graded to a 6 waist and 12 hip. Her measurements are high bust 32", full bust 34.5", waist 28", and hip 42", and she is 5' 2”.
Jan Marie (olive skirt, purple dress) is wearing a size 6 E/F. Her measurements are high bust 33.5", full bust 37", waist 28", and hip 38", and she is 5' 4”.
Ana (black and white dress, red & floral tops) is wearing a size 14 C/D. Her measurements are high bust 38", full bust 41", waist 34", and hip 44.5", and she is 5' 4”.