12 to 32, in three cup sizes (C/D, E/F, G/H); includes 40-62” bust and 42-62” hip. Find your size in seconds using our size calculator.
This pattern is also available in sizes 0-16 (sold separately).
Light- to mid-weight knit fabrics such as jersey, ITY, Liverpool knit, double knit, or ponte with at least 25% stretch both horizontally and vertically. There are two exceptions:
- Relaxed bodice: at least 25% stretch horizontally, and at least 10% vertically.
- A-line maxi skirt: due to the weight of the piece, 0-10% lengthwise stretch is ideal. You can use 25%+, but may need to adjust the length to account for the skirt stretching vertically.
If you are lining your bodice (for the square neckline, optional for all others), you can use the same fabric for the lining, or a lighter weight knit with the same amount of stretch.
Interfacing (turtle neckband only): lightweight stretch interfacing (optional)
Ballpoint or stretch needle, thread, twin needle (optional for hem).
For elasticated waistband: 1.5 yd (1.4 m) of 1” (2.5 cm) wide elastic.
Optional: Clear elastic for shoulder seams (¾ yds/0.7 m), slash pocket openings (3 ⁄8 yd/0.3 m), and/or waist seam (1.5 yd/1.4 m).
Optional: Fusible hem tape (maximum of 6 yds /5.5 m).
Choose your own adventure with numerous features that can be mixed and matched in over 400 combinations! Pattern features include:
- Relaxed bodice with dropped shoulders
- Fitted bodice with waist darts
- Each bodice can be made as a dress or top
- Each bodice can be lined or unlined
- V neck with neckband or lining
- Crew neck with neckband or lining
- Scoop neck with neckband or lining
- Turtleneck with neckband
- Square neck with lining
- Relaxed bodice: grown-on drop sleeves or long sleeves
- Fitted bodice: straight sleeves in short, mid, and long lengths; bishop sleeves; sleeveless with armhole facing or lining
- A-line skirt in knee or maxi length with optional inseam pockets
- Straight skirt in short, knee, or midi length with optional slash pockets and side slits
- Asymmetrical draped skirt with optional slash pockets
- 3-panel circle skirt
- Each skirt can be combined with any bodice option to make a dress or sewn on its own as a standalone skirt.
Rachel (purple & lime green dresses) is wearing a size 18 G/H graded to a 20 in the hips. Her measurements are high bust 43", full bust 49", waist 40" and hip 50". She is 5' 5”.
Rae (orange dress & green top) is wearing a size 24 E/F graded to a 30 in the waist and 26 in the hips. Her measurements are high bust 48", full bust 52.5", waist 50", hip 56", and she is 5' 5”.
Cynthia (floral skirt, orange & striped tops) is wearing a size 20 C/D graded to a 22 in the waist and hips. Her measurements are high bust 46", full bust 49", waist 42", and hip 52", and she is 5' 6”.