The sleeveless Harrison Shirtdress is a chic tailored dress with double princess seams for a fantastic fit through the bust. Based on the best-selling Harrison Shirt, it has no-gape armholes and additional ease through the waist and hips for a flowy silhouette. You'll want to wear your Harrison Shirtdresses every day in the summer, and layered with cozy cardigans in the winter!
IMPORTANT NOTE: This pattern comes into two formats:
- EXPANSION PACK: This is an add-on pack to the Harrison Shirt (#2101), containing the additional pattern pieces required to make the Harrison Shirtdress. Purchase this version if you already own the Harrison Shirt.
- FULL PATTERN: This is a standalone pattern, containing all the pattern pieces required to make the sleeveless Harrison Shirtdress (without also having the Harrison Shirt pattern). Purchase this version if you do not already own the Harrison Shirt.
Want to make the Harrison Shirtdress with sleeves? You'll need the original Harrison Shirt pattern and the Shirtdress expansion pack, and the free online tutorial here.
You'll receive a downloadable PDF copy of the pattern, containing all sizes.
SEWING LEVEL: Intermediate
SIZING: 12 to 28, in three cup sizes (C/D, E/F, G/H). See Sizing Guide.RECOMMENDED FABRIC:
- Light- to medium-weight woven fabric such as rayon, voile, lawn or chambray. Also suitable for stretch woven fabrics.
- Bias tape: 1.5 yards (1.4 meters) of store-bought or self-made from lightweight woven fabric, 1" / 2.5 cm wide.
NOTIONS: Universal needle, 18 buttons size ⅜" - ½" / 1cm, fusible interfacing.
The PDF comes in three files (one for each bust size), so you only need to print your size. You'll receive files to print at home or at a copy shop. Files are delivered as a .zip file which can be downloaded on a computer, but not on a mobile device. For more on PDFs, see the FAQs.
- Expansion Pack: 8 pages (2 MB)
- Full Pattern: 13 pages (3.6 MB)
Pattern pieces (for each cup size):
- Expansion Pack: 49 pages (0.4 MB each)
- Full Pattern: 52 pages (0.5 MB each)
Copy shop (A0 or US 36" x 48" size): 2 pages for A0, 2 pages for US (0.2 MB each)
I have never been able to work off a pattern. The fit is always off. But this dress is AMAZING. The first one was a bit big and I had to make quite a few basic alterations. But this is because I'm so used to adding extra seam allowance onto a pattern (even plus size patterns) that I didn't trust the measurements. I was so wrong with this one (I'm sorry Harrison!). For the second one I measured myself again and took the plunge, grading the pattern to fit according to the measurements provided. Perfect fit. Zero alterations. This has never happened to me before (plus size, big bust, small back, narrow shoulders, and hollow back are no fun for fitting). I've already cut my next one and have fabric waiting in the wings for number four. I'll be living in Harrisons all summer.
I made the shirtdress with sleeves, and it looks very nice. I did a bit of grading between sizes, but otherwise needed no significant modifications. The fit through the bust is excellent. With the close tailored fit, I would definitely call this a dress shirt, not a casual shirt. The instructions are very good, and I didn't have any issues with the make.